What’s the best advice you ever received? The worst? These are worth writing down and passing along. Not because someone else is going to avoid making mistakes–making mistakes is how we learn from life. However, I believe examining the advice we’ve been given can help us understand our choices.
I’ve gotten wise advice and foolish advice along the journey of my life. There are consquences, of course, both golden and disasterous. And, through the years, I have learned from both.
- If you want to change your life, change your attitude.
- Relationships matter more than material things.
- Nothing lasts–but the heart remembers, so live with a forgiving heart.
- Nothing teaches you history, geography and culture better than world travel.
- The arts stimulate and nourish both the intellect and the soul.
- You can’t change what you regret about the past, but you can start over anytime for a sweeter future.
- Get a perm–it’ll give your hair some body.
- Have a drink–just one.
- Tell me what he said–I promise I’ll keep it a secret.
- Go ahead and do it–nobody is watching.
- Buy it anyway–it’ll motivate you to lose weight.
- That’s too expensive for you–look for something cheaper.